Church in Auvers


This is a photo of the painting of the church in Auvers that Van Gogh did in the last days of his life. I stood in front of the church and actually saw what he did when he chose this church as a subject for his painting. It is a beautiful old church in the town of Auvers not far from where he lived. I wondered if he actually went to the church and that is the reason why he painted it. I took close up shots of it from different areas. I thought that I saw birds that looked like crows flying over the steeple. I am working on a painting a translation of the church. I feel so lucky that I got to see this beutiful little church and I will never look at this painting in the same way again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Woman on the Mountain Top...not Yet...Still Climbing